Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find the Dr Cloud EHR User Manual?
Why should clinics use Dr Cloud EHR?
Dr Cloud EHR helps clinicans make better decisions, reduce medical errors, improve diagnosis accuracy, and outcomes. It provides quick and safe access to historical medical and clinical data, assisting the provider to deliver a more coordinated and efficient patient care experience.
How does this help patients?
Patients can access medical information in a safe and secure manner using EHRs. EHRs reduce prescribing and other medical errors, improve patient data safety, and enable better treatment outcomes.
Is Dr Cloud EHR secure?
Security is a primary focus at DrCloudEHR™. We implement various techniques to ensure that HIPAA privacy and security requirements are met and exceeded. We provide multiple options to provide role-based access to authorized staff. We are hosted on the FedRAMP certified Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform.
How do EHRs affect daily processes in clinics?
EHRs improve productivity in clinics and lower costs of delivering care. They help the provider make better clinical decisions with historical health information at their fingertips and save time in the diagnosis process. EHRs also reduce liability, improve communication and help retain patients.
About Stimulus Incentives
Who qualifies for the stimulus incentives?
Healthcare professionals and hospitals must meet the eligibility criteria defined by law in order to receive incentive payments for implementing Electronic Health Records programs.
- Eligibility Requirements for Professionals
- Eligibility Requirements for Hospitals
- Participating in the EHR Incentive Program and Other Current CMS Incentive Programs
- Downloads and Related Links
Eligible professionals can answer a few quick “yes or no” questions in our Eligibility Wizard to find out which EHR Incentive Programs you may qualify for:
- Hospital-based eligible professionals are not eligible for incentive payments
Are HITECH incentives per physician or per office?
- Incentive payments for eligible professionals are based on individual practitioners.
- If you are part of a practice, each eligible professional may qualify for an incentive payment if each eligible professional successfully demonstrates meaningful use of certified EHR technology.
- Each eligible professional is only eligible for one incentive payment per year, regardless of how many practices or locations at which he or she provide services.
Who qualifies for HITECH incentives?
Eligible professionals under the Medicare EHR Incentive Program include:
- Doctor of medicine or osteopathy
- Doctor of dental surgery or dental medicine
- Doctor of podiatry
- Doctor of optometry
Eligible professionals under the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program include:
- Physicians (primarily doctors of medicine and doctors of osteopathy)
- Nurse practitioner
- Certified nurse-midwife
- Physician assistant who furnishes services in a Federally Qualified Health Center or Rural Health Clinic that is led by a physician assistant.
Which geographic areas qualify for HITECH incentives?
ARRA specifies the following regions and territories as qualifying for HITECH incentives:
- All 50 US states.
- The District of Columbia.
- Puerto Rico.
- The Virgin Islands.
- American Samoa.
- The Northern Mariana Islands.
What are the penalties if providers do not implement an appropriate amount of technology?
- 2015 — One Percent
- 2016 — Two Percent
- 2017 and Beyond — Three Percent
- 2018 and Beyond — HHS secretary may decrease one additional percent per year (max of 5%) if 75% of office-based physicians don’t adopt technology by 2018.